2022 Prospect Poll #7

Who is the Sabres' #7 prospect?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
RESULTS SO FAR:
  1. Owen Power, D (--): 86/103 votes (83.5%). Runner up: Jack Quinn (11 votes).
  2. Jack Quinn, F (+2): 65/78 votes (83.3%). Runner up: Devon Levi (4 votes).
  3. J.J. Peterka, F (--): 40/91 votes (43.8%). Runner up: Matthew Savoie (35 votes).
  4. Matthew Savoie, F (NR): 59/96 votes (61.5%). Runner up: Devon Levi (27 votes).
  5. Devon Levi, G (+4): 79/96 votes (82.3%). Runner up: Jiri Kulich (11 votes).
  6. Jiri Kulich, F (NR): 54/96 votes (56.3%). Runner up: Noah Ostlund (29 votes).
RULES: Each poll will remain open for 2 days. In the case of a tie within the top 10, I'll create a 1-day runoff poll to decide the winner. Ties outside of the top 10 will be left as ties. For each additional poll, I will add the most commented next to add prospect.

ELIGIBILITY: All players whose rights are held by the Buffalo Sabres and who are eligible to win the Calder Trophy for the 2022-23 season are eligible inclusion. That means a prospect is eligible if--
  • He is under age 26 (as of September 15, 2022);
  • He has played no more than 25 games in any single preceding season; and
  • He has not played 6 or more games in each of any two or more preceding seasons.
NEXT TO ADD: Comment the player you want to see added to the next poll. The following players are eligible:
  • Forwards: Tyson Kozak, Filip Cederqvist, Linus Sjodin, Lukas Rousek, Matej Pekar, Linus Weissbach, Aaron Huglen, Matteo Costantini, Gustav Karlsson, Jake Richard, Joel Berndtsson, Stiven Sardaryan, Viljami Marjala, William von Barnekow, Jakub Konecny, Brett Murray, Vasili Glotov
  • Defensemen: Nikita Novikov, Mats Lindgren, Oskari Laaksonen, Vsemolod Komarov, Albert Lyckasen, Philip Nyberg
  • Goalies: Topias Leinonen

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
It’s Ostlund time. I’m starting to think he might be special. He seems to be going out of his way to immediately prove to people he can do all the things they said he couldn’t.

add Novikov. He’s real.

• Love
Reactions: GOALOFSSON

jmelm

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, Canada
The consensus from 1-7 has been pretty amazing. That's good because we'll either all be right or all be really wrong :laugh:

Ryan Johnson is very clearly the next guy for me. He's the most sure-thing to play at a reasonably high level out of all the guys remaining, and I think there's a drop off before the next tier (given where the players as of today).

Reactions: Rowley Birkin

JLewyB

May 6, 2013
Pegulaville
Ostlund would be a #1 prospect on a couple of teams. Little bit of a dropoff after this. Now we have a bunch of guys who could be #2 prospects on some teams

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
Ostlund, but I think we've fallen out of love with Bloom, who is possibly right here with him.

Saggy

Apr 24, 2019
I lean towards the CHL or NCAA players as their games seem more advanced and not just based on goals. Defence lacking in many of the Euros

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
The consensus from 1-7 has been pretty amazing. That's good because we'll either all be right or all be really wrong :laugh:

Ryan Johnson is very clearly the next guy for me. He's the most sure-thing to play at a reasonably high level out of all the guys remaining, and I think there's a drop off before the next tier (given where the players as of today).

Next for me is a debate between Johnson and Rosen. I think Johnson's a near lock to be an NHLer, but Rosen has pretty big upside. Then it's the other goalies. Then it gets hard to separate one prospect from the next.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
I think Johnson and Portillo are suffering in this poll from perception that they may not sign here, vs their prospect quality level.
I’m sure there’s some of that but I wouldn’t vote either of them over Kulich or Ostlund if I knew they were signing. Especially Portillo. Johnson should go either next or the pick after. And that seems right to me.

Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
Next for me is a debate between Johnson and Rosen. I think Johnson's a near lock to be an NHLer, but Rosen has pretty big upside. Then it's the other goalies. Then it gets hard to separate one prospect from the next.

For me after the goalies it's pretty clearly Poltapov. THEN it's gonna get hard. And I completely agree with the Johnson vs. Rosen thing. I think I'm leaning Johnson just because of the really rough year Rosen had......but it's super close for me between those two.

Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

Matt Ress

Don't sleep on me
Aug 5, 2014
Appalachia
I get what you're saying. For me, in 2 years (their age difference) we could be thinking Rosen is a lock, I'm more confident Rosen will be in our system in 2 years and has a higher upside. I think it's an easy choice.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad